Mark,

 Why do you have to mark the WEBDAV servlet as NOT read-only in order to
use the ant tasks?  By default the read-only/false parameter is commented
out.  The ant tasks will not work unless you uncomment them out.

At least on OpenVMS, the manager application uses WEBDAV to remotely
download the WAR file and set the file attributes properly.

 <servlet>
   <servlet-name>webdav</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet
</servlet-class>
   <init-param>
     <param-name>debug</param-name>
     <param-value>0</param-value>
   </init-param>
   <init-param>
     <param-name>listings</param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-value>
   </init-param>
   <!-- Uncomment this to enable read and write access -->
   <init-param>
     <param-name>readonly</param-name>
     <param-value>false</param-value>
   </init-param>
   <!--load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup-->
 </servlet>

On 6/5/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Marc Farrow wrote:
> I am not going to be able to give you the resolution to this problem.
> However, the ant tasks use the WEBDAV application from within Tomcat and
> this is the source of your problem.  Are you deploying to local or
remote
> host?  If it is a remote host, then it could be a bug in the Tomcat
version
> running on the remote host.

1. The Ant tasks go nowhere near the WEBDAV application. They use the
manager application.
2. To what fault in the WEBDAV are you referring? When I last looked
at the WEBDAV servlet it had no problems handling the upload of images
or any other files for that matter.

Mark