Please let me know if there is a better place to ask Servlet/javascript interface questions.

I have a slide show web page that does the logical equivalent of:

    var img = new Image();
    img.src = "/images/" + /servlet/getnextfile(params)
    img.[onload]: document["image"].src = img.src; resizeImage();

Rather than using the 'getnextfile' servlet to get a file name and then load it, I would like to have getnextfile return a stream of bytes from the database which seems feasible (streaming a BLOB I assume), but I don't know how to receive that into an Image (which wouldn't have 'src' set - ?).

One motivation is to reduce the round trips to the server for faster response time.
Another motivation is to keep the filename from the user.

Thanks,
Bill