I'm trying to get the tomcat 8 maven plugin branch to work with the latest
tomcat 8 release, but I'm struggling with the following change:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/webresources/JarResource.java?r1=1643249&r2=1655123&pathrev=1655123

This change breaks the tc8.x branch. I'm now trying to create a JarResource
using a JarResourceSet, but I'm stuck. After seeing that also
/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF files get in the loops where those JarResources are
created I've given up my attempt. I've no clue why the maven plugin needs
to do all this and how I should validate it working correctly again.

Is there a bit of documentation on how to go from the JarResource with a
WebResourceRoot to a JarResource with a AbstractArchiveResourceSet?

Kind regards,
Wessel van Norel