I can't answer the "why", but it's been that way for a long time. I just d/l both installations, install the windows .exe version, and then unzip the .zip version on top of the windows installation. A bit more time consuming, but gets my windows services installed and still gives me the various .bat files I need for customizing.

Dave

Tim Quinn wrote:

I have installed the Tomcat 5.5 windows installer and noticed that there are
many files that are missing from the bin directory such as: catalina.bat,
catalina.sh, setclasspath.bat, shutdown.bat, startup.bat.

I checked the zip distribution and it has these files.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why are theses files not installed with
the windows installer?

Thanks,

JsD

[= Rather be using a mac =]