Hi All,
  After upgrading to TC 5.5.15 with APR 1.2.7 (tcnative 1.1.1) we started
having some various issues that don't seem to be fixed in 5.5.17, so we
decided to go back to 5.5.12 for the time being.  However, we now have an
issue getting 5.5.12 to see APR.  With a clean install of tomcat 5.5.12 and
a fresh compile of APR 1.2.2 and a fresh compile of tcnative 1.1.0, we get
the following when starting tomcat...

"The Apache Portable Runtime which allows optimal performance in production
environments was not found on the java.library.path: /usr/local/apr/lib"

/usr/local/apr/lib contains the following files (all of which were just
created by the new compiles)...
apr.exp
libapr-1.a
libapr-1.la
libapr-1.so -> libapr-1.so.0.2.2
libapr-1.so.0 -> libapr-1.so.0.2.2
libapr-1.so.0.2.2
libtcnative-1.a
libtcnative-1.la
libtcnative-1.so -> libtcnative-1.so.0.2.2 libtcnative-1.so.0 ->
libtcnative-1.so.0.2.2
libtcnative-1.so.0.2.2
pkgconfig

Anyone know what the issue could be since the APR and tcnative files ARE in
the right folder?  Did upgrading to 1.2.7 (1.1.1) change some other files
outside of the /usr/local/apr folder that need to be reverted back tot the
1.2.2 version?

The server is running RedHat Enterprise 3 ES

Thanks for any help,

Rick