> hi chris,
>
> We had been working with tomcat-users.xml, we had even updated username and
> password of admin-gui and manager-gui lot many times but didnt worked.
>
> And still we are unble to login into tomcate admin or manager...!!

1. Rules
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
-> 6. Top-posting is bad.

2. Commons mistakes:
a) Did you restart Tomcat after changing the file?

If you do not restart Tomcat, it won't read the file.

b) Is you tomcat-users file correct (well-formed) XML?

A typical mistake is forgetting to remove an XML comment.

Other typical mistake is not closing an XML tag properly.
Syntax errors are fatal. That is a feature of XML technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML#Well-formedness_and_error-handling

c) The default configuration uses a LockOutRealm. If you type a wrong
password for 5 times, your account is locked for 5 minutes.

d) Are you accessing the correct Tomcat instance?

Are your requests logged in access log file?

Is your IP address (in access log file) the same as you expect?
Is such an IP address allowed to access the Manager/HostManager web
application. Usually those web applications are protected by a
RemoteAddrValve.

Have you looked in other log files as well?

https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Troubleshooting_and_Diagnostics#Common_Troubleshooting_Scenario

> GoDaddy

https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Linux_Unix#Q5

Best regards,