Hello,

tomcat version: 8.0.22
java: jdk1.8.0_05
server: Amazon Linux AMI

I get the following warning message in my catalina log when I undeploy a
web application:

*WARNING [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]]
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.clearReferencesThreads The
web application [ROOT##002] appears to have started a thread named
[pool-2-thread-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create
a memory leak. Stack trace of thread*

As you can see, for some reason, I don't get a stack trace of the thread.
Therefore, I have no idea how to debug this warning.

This particular warning was generated when tomcat detected an unused
version and undeployed it (I set undeployOldVersions="true").

Does anyone know how I can debug this warning. How can I know more about
this thread?
I used the manager app and clicked "find leaks" but it said that there were
none.
(Can someone also explain why I have to be cautious when using this feature
on production environments).

Thank you