Hi Guys,

I am new to this user list and this is the first email I am sending out to you.
Hope you will let me know if more information/logs/dump/test case/clarity is
required.

So I am working with Tomcat 6.0.41 (both 64bit and 32 bit). In my Tomcat
environment I am using APR (Apache Portable
Runtime<http://ivf.dlr.de/docs/apr.html>)Listener: (by configuring below
property in server.xml)
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
SSLEngine="on" />

I am using below connector, which i assume is a blocking type:
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
           maxThreads="150" connectionTimeout="20000"      redirectPort="8443"
/>

In one of my webapp i am running a dll as a Java Process to validate some data.
This dll is accessed as a Process whenever is required. I have separate Thread
to terminate this Process if not used for few minutes.
Now i am facing a weired issue where with Apache Tomcat 6.0.43 (both 64 and 32
bit), the http thread that has started this process gets stuck. From thread
dump i get this stack trace:
"http-8080-2" - Thread t@55
   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:152)
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:254)
    - locked <1559b4d1> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readRawLine(HttpParser.java:77)
    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readLine(HttpParser.java:105)
    at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.readLine(HttpConnection.java:1118)
.
.
.

To ascertain that the native process is not causing the issue, i ran few other
external exe's (both 64 bit and 32 bit) with same result.
During my research i found that if i comment the above listed
AprLifecycleListener property from the server.xml, things start working. This
behavior is very inconsistent across different versions of Tomcat, e.g. in
Tomcat 6.0.10, i am not facing the issue. Then i upgraded to Tomcat 8, i faced
this issue. I have tried with many versions of Tomcat and all result in same
behavior.
So, is this APR interfering with my own process calls? Or is there something
that i am missing. Anyone who have seen any such tomcat bugs or fixes can point
me as well.

Thanks and Regards,
Ravi Ranjan

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all
copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and
(iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any
message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons
other than the intended recipient. Thank you.