On 11.02.2016 12:07, Thomas Boniface wrote:
Hi,

I'm using async servlet with a timeout configured to 300ms

naive question : is that not awfully short, if this relates to some over-the-Internet communication ?

but I can
observe in live environnement some big differences with the actual applied
timeout  700ms or more for instance.

I was wondering how are triggered onTimeout events to AsyncListeners, is
there a limited number of thread handling this ? Could this be explained by
too many onTimeout occuring concurrently on a busy server ?

I also wonder what can be done or not while in the onTimeout thread, can I
still do some asynchronous operation (retrieving content from http request)
and is writing to the reponse from this thread, as long as I ensured this
done in a thread safe way, ok ?

Thanks,
Thomas