On 25/02/2016 09:56, Eranga Samararathna wrote:
> Tomcat Version : 7.0.47
>
> How can I override shutdown hook in Tomcat? Currently one of my web
> application invoke a remote process and due to unavailability of remote
> process my web application code invoke a shut down hook and it cause Tomcat
> to invoke it's shutdown hook. Finally Tomcat get shutdown gracefully.
>
> I do not want to shutdown my Tomcat server. So that I want to override the
> exiting shutdown hook in Tomcat.
>
> Please shed light on.

Shutdown hooks are called by the JVM when it is being shutdown. If the
web application is trying to shutdown the JVM when the external process
is not available then you need to fix the web application.

If you are desperate you could try running with a security manager
(which will prevent the web application shutting down the JVM) but most
applications require a lot of careful configuration to run correctly
under a security manager.

Mark