Usair,

On 3/1/16 12:00 AM, uzair rashid wrote:
> Background,: windows boxes, cms servers,  bobj,   tomcat servers
> 7.057. Distributed landscape. (Clustered)
>
> Ive configured the server xml for clustering and distributable to
> true in the web xml.
>
> In the cms, we have a Java null pointer exception. At login it
> first says page is expired and then once in it gives an
> jasperexception.java.lang.nullpointer exception: while trying to
> invoke the method
> cpm.businessobjects.bip.core.web.appcontext.appweb session
> context. Get productlocale () of an object returned .....

We have no idea what any of that stuff is.

> The peculiar thing is,  in our production environment,  there is
> absolutely no issue.

Same versions, etc.?

> Things, I've tried:
>
> 1. Matched conf directory to production 2. Deleted tomcat work
> directory 3. Restarted tomcat
>
> Stderr below:
>
> 2016-02-29 18:00:56 Commons Daemon procrun stderr initialized
>
> Feb 29, 2016 6:01:03 PM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.VersionLoggerListener log
>
> INFO: Server version:        Apache Tomcat/7.0.57

You might want to upgrade if possible. That version of Tomcat is
nearly 18 months old.

<snip>

> INFO: TLD skipped. URI: http://java.sun.com/jstl/core is already
> defined
>
> Feb 29, 2016 6:02:16 PM org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager
> doLoad
>
> SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions:
> java.io.EOFException
>
> java.io.EOFException
>
> at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.readFully(ObjectInputStream.
java:2280)

>  at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readShort(ObjectInputSt
ream.java:2749)

>  at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:779)
>
>  at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:279)
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.util.CustomObjectInputStream.<init>(CustomObjectIn
putStream.java:56)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doLoad(StandardManager.jav
a:244)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.load(StandardManager.java:
202)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.startInternal(StandardMana
ger.java:489)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
>
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext
.java:5501)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
>
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.
java:901)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877
)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:649)
>
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java
:1245)

>  at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.
java:1895)

>  at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439
)

>  at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecu
tor.java:886)

>  at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.
java:908)

This is Tomcat not being able to read your stored sessions file. Not
the issue you are currently reporting, but you might want to get this
fixed.

<snip>

> Feb 29, 2016 6:03:12 PM com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
> contextInitialized
>
> INFO: Initializing Mojarra (1.2_16-20110421-1728-SNAPSHOT) for
> context '/BOE'

<snip>

> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet equinoxbridgeservlet threw
> exception
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot call sendError() after the
> response has been committed
>
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendError(ResponseFacade.
java:450)

at

com.businessobjects.http.servlet.internal.BundlePathAwareServiceHandler.
serviceHelper(BundlePathAwareServiceHandler.java:254)

Bad state management by the application.

<snip>

No NullPointerExceptions found in the log file. Can you re-state your
question?