Christopher,

thanks for this information, but Tullio said that his problem only occurs
with the NIO connector (it seems weird and I don't have sufficient
knowledge on how it is coded in Tomcat anyway).

The post was already quite long before I suggested him to try both
connectors to identify a possible problem there. I'm just being pragmatic
here.