> Perhaps I am overlooking something, but the documentation for AJP [1]
> states for "protocol"
>
> <quote>
> The standard protocol value for an AJP connector is AJP/1.3 which uses
> an auto-switching mechanism to select either a Java based connector or
> an APR/native based connector. If the PATH (Windows) or
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH (on most unix systems) environment variables contain
> the Tomcat native library, the native/APR connector will be used. If
> the native library cannot be found, the Java based connector will be used.
> </quote>
>
> The text above doesn't describe what is the auto-selected protocol
> when a Java based connector is selected. My guess is that
> "org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpNioProtocol" will be auto-selected since BIO
> is on its way out but since the documentation doesn't explicitly state
> it, it leaves the reader to wonder.
>
> George
>

> [1] https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/ajp.html

<quote>
Tomcat 7 uses either java.io or APR as the default.
</quote>

The documentation states later:

To use an explicit protocol rather than rely on the auto-switching mechanism
described above, the following values may be used:
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol - blocking Java connector
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpNioProtocol - non blocking Java connector.
org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol - the APR/native connector.
Custom implementations may also be used.

Which one of the non-Apr protocols above is "java.io"?

George