A better idea would be to put Apache in from of Tomcat and compile PHP
into that.  There are instructions on the PHP site on how to do that:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.php

-----Original Message-----
From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 3:16 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: how to install php on tomcat?

On 6/9/06, Nikita Tovstoles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I know nothing about php, so this may be a dumb question, but how do I
> add php support to tomcat?

A PHP servlet can be built from source in PHP4; last time I looked
that feature wasn't in PHP5. But I haven't looked in quite a while :-)

The PHP4 servlet worked, but wasn't all that stable, in my limited
experience. And when it crashed it took the whole JVM with it, so
I didn't think it suitable for production. YMMV.

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]