On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Ajay Verma <ajay_2...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to get multipart forms working in Tomcat 9 over HTTP2 (with TLS
> enabled).
>
> The SSL Connector configuration in server.xml (Tomcat 9) is given
> below<Connector port="443"
> protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol"  maxThreads="150"
> SSLEnabled="true">
> <UpgradeProtocol className="org.apache.coyote.http2.Http2Protocol" />
> <SSLHostConfig honorCipherOrder="false" >
>     <Certificate certificateKeyFile="conf/toeflssl.key"
>     certificateFile="conf/2_toeflmadeeasy.com.crt"  />
> </SSLHostConfig>  Multipart form submission does not work (the form
> variable values are not retrieved on server in the servlet) with above
> connector.The sample multipart form html code is given below<form
> name="multiPartForm" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
> <input type="hidden" id="form_submission_type" name="form_submission_type"
> value="test">
> File 1:<input type="file" id="file1" name="file1" size="20" value="">
> File 2:<input type="file" id="file2" name="file2" size="20" value="">
> <input type="button" value="Submit" name="submit">
> </form>
> I am trying to get form parameters by using the
> getParameter("form_submission_type") method on HttpServletRequest, and it
> returns null under HTTP2. If I remove the line <UpgradeProtocol
> className="org.apache.coyote.http2.Http2Protocol" />) it works. But now I
> am not on HTTP2.
>
> Anyone have any ideas how I can get it to work on HTTP2?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions and comments.
> Ajay

I can't speak for Tomcat 9, but for T8 getParameter() won't work on a
multi-part form.  I vaguely recall there's a Tomcat way of getting the
parameters, but I ended up using Apache's FileUpload library which will
generate a list of files and parameters for the request.  Though I have no
idea if FileUpload will work with HTTP2 or not.