Hi,

I am very new to JMX so maybe I miss an important piece that prevents me
from configuring SSL certificates in ProtocolHandler via JMX.

I just implemented modification of aliases property on Host via JMX
which seems to work fine. I would like to set for some of those aliases
SSL certificates via JMX aswell. I found out that ProtocolHandler has
methods findSslHostConfigs() for retrieval of existing SSL
configurations and addSslHostConfig() for adding new SSLHostConfig instance.

My web application is built on Apache Felix and consists of OSGi
bundles. I have no idea how to (and if ever I should) import
tomcat-coyote "bundle" so that I could create new instance of
SSLHostConfig to be able to add it to the ProtocolHandler. I suppose
there might also be issues with incompatible classes, different
classloaders etc so it does not sound like a good solution anyway. In my
opinion a clean way would be to provide a factory for creation of new
instances of SSLHostConfig (maybe just createSslHostConfig() or
newSslHostConfig() method on ProtocolHandler?) so these could be
instantiated by Tomcat code and classloader, configured (via reflection)
and added to the ProtocolHandler.

Or is there another way how to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Miroslav