Hi All,

We have VXML web application running in tomcat 6.x. The web application is
depend on some 3rd party jar files.
>From the vxml web app a method was called, where the method is implemented in
>3rd party jar file.

The 3rd party jar as part of executing the method call, uses a free thread
(from tomcat thread pool).
The method execution involved asynchronous events, so the calling method put
the thread
"this._mutex.wait();" and waiting for some events. There are some unexpected
events received which is not releasing the mutex.wait.

Due to this behaviour, the web app has not received any response and tomcat
session timeout occurred & cleared.
But internally the thread which is in mutex.wait is still in Runnnable state &
waiting to be released. We verified using the thread dumps.

Once all the thread get blocked, tomcat becomes non-responsive to new request
and requires a restart.
How to release those threads? --we don't have the source code of 3rd party jar
file.

Regards
Mahu