Dear tomcat Community

I am using cross context (which seems to be easy to configure but in in tomcat
8 hard to run) … so today I downloaded tomcat 9 and I migrated my apps to it.
In tomcat 9 cross context is running smoothly (thank you!)

To authenticate my config is using JDBCRealm with a mysql database. The config
below ran very well with tomcat 8 but on tomcat 9 accepted only the password
digests (which are stored in the table tomcat_users) directly instead of the
usual passwords. It seems that the digest algorithm MD5 be here not executed.

The config in server.xml is

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
connectionName=“..." connectionPassword=“..."
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/TOM" digest="MD5"
driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver" roleNameCol="role_name"
userCredCol="password" userNameCol="user_name"
userRoleTable="tomcat_users_roles" userTable="tomcat_users"/>

The authentication method is FORM for an application and DIGEST for the
corresponding API. Both apps sees each other in a cross context.
web.xml of the application contains:

<login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <realm-name>NAME</realm-name>
    <form-login-config>
        <form-login-page>/WEB-INF/security/protected/login.jsp</form-login-page>
        <form-error-page>/WEB-INF/security/protected/error.jsp</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>
</login-config>

What shell I do in order to have with the FORM authentication again a digest
password input? Do I have any possibility to debug it (although I should not…) ?

Thank you in advance
Regards
Fabio