Hi,

we are migrating prod servers to tomcat, since we are doing it slowly we
have found an issue in jdbc connection pool, tomcat is not releasing idle
jdbc connections, even we have tried setting maxIdle="10" but "NumIdle 97"
always. due to this threads are piling up in database.

I'm including my config here, can someone please help me out, how to
minimize idle jdbc connections.

<Resource name="jdbc/DS"
          auth="Container"
          type="javax.sql.DataSource"
          testWhileIdle="true"
          testOnBorrow="true"
          testOnReturn="false"
          fairQueue="false"
          validationQuery="SELECT 1"
          validationInterval="30000"
          timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="30000"
          maxActive="100"
          maxIdle="10"
          minIdle="10"
          maxWait="10000"
          initialSize="10"
          removeAbandonedTimeout="60"
          removeAbandoned="true"
          logAbandoned="true"
          minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="300000"
          jmxEnabled="true"

jdbcInterceptors="ConnectionState;StatementFinalizer;ResetAbandonedTimer"
          username="<user>"
          password="<password>"
          driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://<DBservername>/<schema>?useServerPrepStmts=false&amp;useOldAliasMetadataBehavior=true"/>

--
*Thanks*
*Niranjan*