Hi

I am using TomEE version Apache Tomcat Version 7.0.63.
I have the following test program.

        {
                final TransactionManager transactionManager =
TransactionManagerFactory
                                .getTransactionManager();
                final PoolProperties poolProperties = new PoolProperties();

                SQLServerDataSource dataSource = new
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource();
                dataSource.setUser("sa");
                dataSource.setPassword("$9Lserver");

dataSource.setURL("jdbc:sqlserver://sdwivedi63ks022:1433;sendStringParametersAsUnicode=false");
                dataSource.setDatabaseName("himalaya");
                poolProperties.setDataSource(dataSource);

                final String jdbcInterceptors =
"org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.interceptor.StatementCache(prepared=true,callable=true)";
                poolProperties.setJdbcInterceptors(jdbcInterceptors);
                final org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSource
pooledOracleDatasource = new org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.XADataSource(
                                poolProperties);
                final javax.sql.DataSource oracleDataSource = new
org.apache.openejb.resource.jdbc.managed.xa.ManagedXADataSource(
                                pooledOracleDatasource, transactionManager,

TransactionProvider.getTransactionSynchronizationRegistry());
                Connection connection = oracleDataSource.getConnection();
                for(int i=0; i<50; i++)
                {
                        PreparedStatement preparedStatement =
connection.prepareStatement("insert into MyTableNew values (" + i + ")");

System.out.println(preparedStatement.getClass().getName());
                        preparedStatement.execute();
                        preparedStatement.close();
                }
                connection.close();
        }

If I run the above program, the output I see is:
        com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11

If I just change the above program to use XA datasource, i.e.
Change the following line
                SQLServerDataSource dataSource = new
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource();
                SQLServerXADataSource dataSource = new
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXADataSource();
The output is :
        com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerPreparedStatement

So, if I use XA datasource, prepared statements are not cached. How do I log a
defect ?

Regards,
Sailaja.