Robert,

On 5/27/16 10:35 PM, Robert Youngblood wrote:
> Chris, thank you for your reply. Are you saying that you normally
> rename the catalina folder to catalina_base and then create empty
> catalina_home folder.

No. CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE refer to the environment variables
used to control a split-installation of Tomcat where the Tomcat base
files are in one location and your "active" installation (basically,
your server.xml and webapps) are in another. Read the "Advanced
Configuration - Multiple Tomcat Instances" section of the RUNNING.txt
for details.

> So, when i unc to server:8080, do i go to the catalina\webapps
> folder?

What you /what/ to port 8080?

The bottom line is that you need to remove the sample/demo
applications from any production-quality instance of Tomcat.

- -chris