On 20.06.2016 18:32, Campbell, Lance wrote:
Neither of these options will work for me:

I don't see why not.

1) no-jk is only supported for: "Starting with mod_jk 1.2.6 for Apache 2.x and
1.2.19 for Apache 1.3"

So, you have Apache httpd 2.2.15 (which matches 2.x) and mod_jk 1.2.41, which is later than mod_jk 1.2.6. So where is the problem ?

2) The urls that get sent to Tomcat are unkown.  This is a dynamic content
driven site.

Yes, but the ones which are /not/ to be sent to Tomcat are known, as per your
explanation.
(some "specific" static directories, like "/home/othercontent1" (although that does not match your example DocumentRoot))

Lines like
JkUnMount /URI/* worker
or
SetEnvIf Request_URI "/URI/*" no-jk
indicate which "URI"'s are /not/ sent to Tomcat.
They say nothing about what /is/ sent to Tomcat.
(which according to your
JkMount /* mytomcatapplication
would be everything else).

Or am I missing something ?

(Note that the "/URI/" above are a better match for Apache <Location> sections, rather than <Directory> sections).

Any other options.

Thanks,

Lance