Sean,

On 6/20/16 2:26 PM, Sean Son wrote:
On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Mekkelsen Madden, Steve <
steve.mekkelsenmad...@pega.com> wrote:

One thing you could do is have an entry in your webapps\ROOT
folder called like: MyAppRedirect.html  (name can be anything)
Inside the file you need something like: <META
HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=../myApp/connection ">

In your conf\web.xml at the bottom of it, you'll see 3 lines
shown below: <welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file> </welcome-file-list>

Change this to point to your MyAppRedirect.html page.
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>MyAppRedirect.html</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

That's a simple way to redirect your application.  Your DNS /
reverse proxy could take care of the port # and users only need
to call your application by name
(https://callMyApplication.domain.com) when the DNS/reverse proxy
redirects it to the server's port say 8088, the html file appends
the remaining portion of the url to what the users typed.

-----Original Message----- From: Sean Son
2016 12:42 PM To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>;
a...@ice-sa.com Subject: Re: Need help with URL redirecting

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 3:39 PM, André Warnier (tomcat)