On 01/07/2016 08:03, Greg Beresnev wrote:
> Thanks Daniel - any idea which cipher in particular needs to be absent in
> order for the SHA-1-based connection/authentication was rejected/failed?

I recommend using SSLLabs to test your site.

Also, the version of Java you use is important. See this page for details:
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Security/Ciphers

Finally, if you want to limit client certificates, you could add a
custom X509UsernameRetrieverClassName to your Realm and use that to drop
and user certificates using SHA1. It isn't what that class was intended
for but it should work.

Mark