On 03/07/2016 18:37, Paul Roubekas wrote:

> Changes that need to be made to the server.xml file
> The below list of changes are for the conf/server.xml file.  A new XML
> element needs to be added to the <Host> XML stanza.
> Within the <Host> element stands a <Context> element needs to be added.
> The path= attribute for the <Context> element needs to be blank.
> The docbase= attribute needs to be equal to the .WAR file root
> directory.  In this example Abc_Website03.  I'm not sure
> the debug= attribute needs to be in the context element.  But I wasn't
> going to spend time testing it.  I am also not sure
> if the reloadable= attribute is required. But once again in the interest
> of saving time it was not tested with the reloadable= attribute removed.
> .
> .
> .
>      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
>
>         <Context path="" docBase="Abc_Website03" debug="0"
> reloadable="true"></Context>

That is very bad advice. It will result in double deployment of that web
application.

If you want to deploy a web application as the default web application,
name it ROOT.war (ROOT if a directory) as per the docs. [1]

If you want to retain some version identified in the name, use a Context
Version, e.g. ROOT##my-version-string.war

Mark

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming