On 20/07/2016 21:33, Timothy Stewart wrote:
> I'm not able to download the artifact for (maven):
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.extras</groupId>
>             <artifactId>tomcat-extras-juli</artifactId>
>             <version>8.5.4</version>
>         </dependency>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.tomcat.extras</groupId>
>             <artifactId>tomcat-extras-juli-adapters</artifactId>
>             <version>8.5.4</version>
>         </dependency>
>
> Also the download links at http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi#8.5.4
> for juli-adapters and log4j-juli give a 404.
>
> Have these packages been removed or relocated?

They have been removed (I'll get the links removed shortly).

They enabled using log4j v1 for Tomcat's internal logging. log4j v1 is
no longer supported by the Apache logging community and log4j v2 can be
used for Tomcat's internal logging without the code changes required by
v1. Hence the packages were removed.

Mark