I'm attempting to use Tomcat(tomee) to run a REST service that will return some
data from some SQL queries (Oracle).  I've installed Tomee 7.0.1, which uses
Tomcat 8.5.3.

The JDBC driver is available from a private enterprise maven repo.  I'd prefer
to get it from there, as opposed to storing it locally.  I noticed at
http://tomee.apache.org/configuring-datasources.html , there is the possible
notation of "mvn:g:a:v" for the "classpath" attribute.  However, I don't see
any way to configure the Maven repositories this will reference.  How do I tell
it to look in a particular repo for this?

My Resource definition in "conf/tomee.xml" looks something like this:
-----------------------
  <Resource id="jdbc/sus2" type="DataSource"
            maxActive="5" maxIdle="2" maxWait="10000"
            driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
            url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:1521:<sid>"
            username="<user>" password="<password>"/>

Does this look correct?  I find the Tomcat docs confusing, with respect to the
required syntax for this.  It's not clear whether a pure XML syntax is
required, or a mixed XML/property syntax.

I haven't written the code to reference this datasource yet, but if I start the
instance, should I see any default output that will show Tomcat connecting to
this datasource?  If it doesn't show this by default, is there a way to turn
this on?