On 09.08.2016 10:52, Andrea Galli wrote:
Thank you Christoph , but in this how-to there isn't any example for SQL
Server.

Well, no. But did you expect someone else to do all the work for you ?
These are your options :

1) considering that SQL Server is a proprietary product of Microsoft, contact the Microsoft helpdesk (or the available on-line Microsoft documentation) to help you using it with Tomcat/java/jdbc

2)
a) find a working java jdbc driver for SQL Server, install it as indicated in
the page
b) read the documentation of this driver, to find out how to adapt any of the 3 examples provided, to that specific driver
c) try it out
d.1) if it works, consider submitting your configuration to this list, so that someone can perhaps add it as example #4 on the Tomcat website, to help future people with a similar issue d.2) if it does not work, come back to this list, and show your configuration and what problem you have (e.g. logfile). Someone may then be able to help you further.

Additional tip : "it show me error to connect to database .." is not really enough for anyone to seriously help you. You need at least to provide :
- the platform under which this is happening (Linux, Windows, ..)
- the (full) version of java that is used
- the (full) version (7.x.y) version of Tomcat
- the original error messages, as they appear on the screen or (better) in the
logfile

The more accurate and detailed data you provide immediately, the more you are likely to get a useful response. Otherwise, a lot of people who may be capable or willing to help, would be discouraged in advance, because they have to start by asking you all these questions and wait for you to answer them.

Additional tip # 2 : you are probably in Europe, and there are a lot of Tomcat experts on this list, based in the US. So maybe if you provide that information now, you may have tomorrow morning some useful responses.