> How, in general, would you test to see if the database is in read-only
> mode?
>
> - -chris

This is what I'm hoping to learn, and perhaps is a question better for
a MySQL list.

I've found settings to add such as 'autoReconnect' and
'failOverReadOnly' for more classic cases using multiple MySQL servers
to connect.  In my case, there is only one url, where AWS changes the
CNAME record of the url after a failover.  This may still be a
solution, to simply retry the same url until a limit reached, or the
connection is no longer read-only.

David

--
Web: http://www.developerprogram.com
2300 Greenhill Drive, Suite 400

*"Developer and Partner Programs Done Right"*

NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Nothing
contained in this message or in any attachment shall constitute a contract
or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and
National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions
Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.