The requirement for HTTPS is only a recent requirement and the application is
now heavily dependent on Java 8. At this point I don’t know just how old a
version of Tomcat I would need to make it work and I would have to make
significant changes to the code in order to make it Java 6/7 compliant.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Dave