From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2016 12:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Unable to access Global JNDI Resource

On 04/10/2016 04:54, Chinoy Gupta wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for the info. But I am afraid the custom loader directly
> extends URLClassLoader. Actually my application is a generic web app
> which can be deployed in any ApplciationServer like tomcat, JBoss,
> etc. So I don't have any tomcat specific implementations.

That is fine. It isn't the class hierarchy that matters, but the class loader
hierarchy.

I've made the fix to 9.0.x, 8.5.x, 8.0.x, 7.0.x and 6.0.x.

As long as when you call getParent() recursively on your class loader the web
application class loader is returned before null is returned then it will now
work.

Mark