Tomcat 8.0.38

In my Eclipse development environment when particular servlet requests are made
I want to simulate going through Shibboleth prior to Tomcat handling the
request.  I wanted to see if this will work.

In Eclipse within each dynamic web application I would add a valve to the
context.xml file.

The valve would:

1)      Check the URL request.

2)      If the URL string matches a list then it will add particular name value
pairs to the request.

Example of a possible valve:

<Valve className="my.valves.ShibbolethSimulationValve" />

1)      Can a valve actually identify a particular URL path?

2)      Can a valve add an attribute to the request prior to the servlet
getting the request?

3)      If item #1 and #2 will work does anyone have some base code for a value
that would get me started down the correct path?

Thanks for all of your help.

Lance Campbell
Web Services
University of Illinois