On 14/11/2016 21:32, Dustin Delage wrote:
> What's this filter mapping you speak of?

https://java.net/downloads/servlet-spec/Final/servlet-3_1-final.pdf

The Tomcat docs (and to a lesser extent this list) assume users of
Tomcat are familiar with the Servlet specification.

While it appears you need to read all of that document fairly soon,
chapter 6 should answer your immediate questions.

Mark