On 28.11.2016 14:10, Szymon Czaja wrote:
I will run a test in the meantime to check but this is very much unlikely,
I can see on the Amazon console that the load balancer CPU is hardly doing
anything with peaks at 2%. Let's assume load balancer is not an issue.

I am not saying that the proxy cannot handle it. But maybe it is limiting the number of connections that it forwards, if they are all coming from the same client IP ?
(Avoid DoS attacks, that kind of thing..)
Still a guess. But netstat on both sides may be telling you more.

If it is tomcat that could not handle the load, then you'd probably still see the same number of connections on the tomcat server side, at the TCP level. That tomcat would be able to "service" these connections is another matter, but the connections themselves should be there.

Szymon