On 13.02.2017 17:13, Stéphane Laurencelle wrote:
Hello,

have made a brand new Tomcat 8.5.11 install on oracle linux 6.8 and 7.3 ad i
got the same problem on both i am not able to access the manager page from my
pc browser.

I read that by default this function is disable by default but i would like
what i need to do to be able form my pc to access it on my tomcat server on
linux.

i can access the tomcat server page  but when i click to access the manager i
got this error :

HTTP Status 404 - /manager/html

type Status report

message /manager/html

description The requested resource  is not available.

Hope you can help me

Hope so too :-)

First, since this is under Linux, and you may have installed tomcat via the standard Linux package manager (and not from the "official tomcat" installer found at tomcat.apache.org), verify if you have really installed *all* the tomcat packages. The tomcat Manager app may be located in another package than "tomcat", for example under Linux Debian it would probably be in the "tomcat8-admin" package. The fact that you are getting a 404 Not Found error would tend to indicate something like that.