Hi,

I want to add a custom service/module as part of the tomcat server which should
start as part of tomcat startup.

Service : I want to expose a service as part of tomcat startup which can store
all the active sessions for the application running on the server and when I
call this service via RMI or HTTP (can expose anyhow) I get this information.
This service will be used by other tomcat servers to know the information.
Usage :  tomcat_1 calls tomcat_2 (on a specific port at which service is
exposed) for the given end point, let say, getListOfSessions and this will
return the list.

I want to know suggestion for implementing/exposing/configuring such a
service/module.

PS : I want to do this as part of tomcat service to keep changes transparent of
application.

Thanks & Regards,
HD