Hello Team,

Recently we did a upgrade existing tomcat from 7.0.42 to 7.0.76 on windows
box. Post the up gradation we are seeing following error in couple of JSPs

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: [231] in the generated java file: [C:\Program
Files\Apache\Tomcat\work\Catalina\localhost\app\org\apache\jsp\jsp\applicationChange\applicationChangeMain_jsp.java]
The code of method _jspService(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse) is
exceeding the 65535 bytes limit

Stacktrace:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:103)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:366)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:490)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:379)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:354)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:341)
I have checked the various threads on tomcat support archive and did try
following solution which did not work on 7.0.76 as well as on 7.0.77.

1. Following changes in conf/web.xml
<init-param>
    <param-name>mappedfile</param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
    <param-name>compiler</param-name>
    <param-value>modern</param-value>
</init-param>
2. Increased the buffer size.

Can some one suggest some ways to resolve this error, without downgrading
to 7.0.42

--
Regards,
Vidyadhar