Marc,

On 6/21/17 3:30 PM, Marc Dorsa wrote:
> Marc,
>
> On 6/21/17 2:04 PM, Marc Dorsa wrote:
>> Thank you Mark for clarifying that SSLv3 is *not* supported (at
>> all) in Tomcat 8.5+.  Wow, if only I had known that (via the Tomcat
>> docs), I could have saved days of research and experimentation. :-(
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+enable+sslv3+in+tomcat
>
> ?
>
> - -chris -------------------------------------
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Very funny :) , however, the articles out there on the Web re:
> this issue (stackoverflow, etc.), including the Tomcat 8.5 docs,
> all suggest fairly simple steps to enable SSLv3 in Tomcat (after
> first enabling it in the Java 8 JVM). I didn't see any information
> or comments stating that SSLv3 was permanently *disabled* starting
> with Tomcat 8.5 (as Mark Thomas just suggested).   If you believe
> what I just stated is not correct, please clue me in!

You're right, but, prior to 8.5 the release, the instructions were
straightforward. Having tried them and finding it not working, you
could have come directly to the users@ mailing list and asked your
question. As you see, we are fairly responsive around here :)

(I'll update my answer on SO to indicate that 8.5 and 9.0 are a little
different right now.)

- -chris

Yes indeed. :)