Will try that. The RAM of machine is 8 GigaByte, 4-core CPU, even if silent
exit is caused by Insufficient  memory, at least, tomcat would record error
info to log file, right?

Thanks in advance!
------------------
??????

??????: "Guang Chao";<guang.chao.1...@gmail.com>;
??????: "Tomcat Users List"<users@tomcat.apache.org>;

????: Re: tomcat 8.5.16 silent exit without any error logs on ubuntu 16.04.2

How much RAM your hardware have?  Have you tried installing Tomcat from
download and make it  a service through your own init scripts?  (E.g.
https://gist.github.com/miglen/5590986)

--
Guang <http://javadevnotes.com/java-string-contains-examples/>