On 18/07/17 15:42, M. Manna wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have recently upgraded our tomcat from 8.0.29 to 8.5.16. As part of
> standard upgrade we have cleaned up all our bin/conf/lib folder contents
> and removed any older jars (e.g. ecj jars).

That sounds like you have been installing new versions on top of old
ones. That is probably the cause of the behaviour you have seen.

<snip/>

> We copied and pasted the tcnative-1.dll into JDK ext folder and the problem
> seems to have gone away. But in the past with all the tomcats, we never had
> to do it. Is this something new we have to take care of?

That should not have been necessary. It sounds like you had an old
version of the library somewhere on the path.

> We also tried running tomcat standalone by downloading it from apache sites
> and they work fine - is this some new classpath settings we need to do?
>

> Any suggestions ?

Review your upgrade process and adjust as necessary. Take a look at the
information on separating CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE in RUNNING.txt
- that might give you some ideas.

Mark