Hi Chris,

Stop script in the sense it's Catalina script only but we usually stop
tomcat using the command Catalina.sh stop. But in our case we are not
manually executing this script to stop tomcat and tomcat is stopping on its
own.

our main problem here us tomcat is stopping on its own and it needs a
restart.

If I understand you correct you are telling TimerThread that does not stop
when the application is shut down. Can you let me know what actually the
timer thread mean. And moreover if the timer thread didn't stop ideally
tomcat shouldn't stop but in our case it's stopping.

Yes my question is why Tomcat is being shut down at all.

Yes when ever tomcat is stopping on own(not daily) it stops at 02:00 . You
mentioned that your  guess is that we are using a service runner that is
configured to bounce your services at 02:00.Can let me know what this
service runner is and how to check it.

Thanks & Regards,
Chaitanya

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 8:10 pm Christopher Schultz, <