Roparzh,

On 7/22/2017 12:14 AM, Roparzh Hemon wrote:
> On my Mac 10.11.3 I've installed the Eclipse JEE IDE (Version: Neon.3
> Release (4.6.3)) I also installed apache-tomcat 9 on my Mac, using the
> following commands :
>
> sudo mkdir -p /usr/local sudo mv ~/Downloads/apache-tomcat-9.0.0.M21
> /usr/local sudo rm-f /Library/Tomcat sudo ln -s
> /usr/local/apache-tomcat-9.0.0.M21/ /Library/Tomcat sudo chown -R
> roparzhhemon /Library/Tomcat sudo chmod +x /Library/Tomcat/bin/*.sh

Don't do this. You will have permissions problems partially due to the
way Eclipse runs servers by default.

Also, I don't think Eclipse Neon 3 supports Tomcat 9 out of the box.
You'll need the JBoss Tools plugins (which contain a lot of good stuff).

> When I try "Run as server" on a minimal html file in JEE, I get the
> following error message :
>
> Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at /Servers/Tomcat v9.0
> Sever at localhost-config. The configuration may be corrupt or
> incomplete.
>
> Any help appreciated.

I'm in the process of writing up a very long and detailed message on how
I get everything running on Linux / Windows. The Linux stuff should be
applicable to the Macintosh.

I'll post this here when I'm done. Please be aware that it's going to be
very long and have not so much to do with Tomcat. I'll label it [OT] so
other readers can pass on it.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/