Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your fast feedback. I applied the patch for Tomcat
8.5.x and it seems to fix the issue: Static text/JavaScript files are served
untouched (their encoding is not changed), which means JavaScript files encoded
as UTF-8 (without BOM) are working again in the browser.

Thanks!

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer