Try disabling the firewall on the Linux server.

systemctl stop firewalld

Darvi Gill

-----Original Message-----
From: Chaitanya Sabbineni [mailto:sabbinen...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 11:46 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Tomcat is starting but unable to launch homepage in Linux. When
launched from a browser from local machine it keep on rotating.

Hi All,

When I launched in browser request is not timed out. It just keep on rotates
but never opens.

In server.xml the ports that are configured are. 8006 shutdown port.
http port 8083
Https port 8443

Home page is not launching neither in http nor in https mode.

In Linux box I tried wget and curl commands and from Windows I tried telnet.

what actually you mean this how to do localhost:8083 on Linux box. You mean to
launch in same Linux internalbox using xgd http:// localhost:8083

Thanks