I'm pulling my hairs at the moment for a servlet is not being found which worked before.

I have a class in webapps/servlets/WEB-INF/classes/My.class and sections in web.xml for this:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>My</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>My</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

and a mapping:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>My</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/My</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

What I did last was to add another class Mytest in the same directory. But it gave an error 404 (found later that I forgot the mapping for that class), deleted the lines for the servlet section for that again .

I also deleted ~/work/Catalina and reverted everything back to the old state (where only My was defined).

Now work/Catalina/localhost/servlets is empty (!?).

The invoking page is:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<frameset cols="50%,50%">
   <frame name="left" src="/servlets/servlet/My" />
   <frame name="right" />
</frameset>

I'm clueless at the moment.

--