Owen,

Please do not top-post. I have re-ordered your post to be bottom-post.

On 8/11/17 10:12 PM, Owen Rubel wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 5:58 PM, <christop...@baus.net> wrote:
>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a way (or a tool) in Tomcat to associate
>>> threads with endpoints.
>>
>> It isn't clear to me why this would be necessary. Threads should
>> be allocated on demand to individual requests. If one route sees
>> more traffic, then it should automatically be allocated more
>> threads. This could starve some requests if the maximum number of
>> threads had been allocated to a lessor used route, while
>> available threads went unused for more commonly used route.
>
> Absolutely but it could ramp up more threads as needed.
>
> I base the logic on neuron and neuralTransmitters. When neurons
> talk to each other, they send back neural transmitters to enforce
> that pathway.
>
> If we could do the same through threads by adding additional
> threads for endpoints that receive more traffic vs those which do
> not, it would enforce better and faster communication on those
> paths.> The current way Tomcat does it is not dynamic and it just
> applies to ALL pathways equally which is not efficient.
How would this improve efficiency at all?

There is nothing inherently "showy" or "edity" about a particular
thread; each request-processing thread is indistinguishable from any
other. I don't believe there is a way to improve the situation even if
"per-endpoint" (whatever that would mean) threads were a possibility.

What would you attach to a thread that would make it any better at
editing records? Or deleting them?