Think 1.7.0 this is the wrong version for tomcat 4.  It is failing on a
missing dtd, possibly a symptom of switching to a later JDK.  If you still
have an older version of java installed, you could try and modify the
controlling CL program and replace the environment variable JAVA_HOME to
the older JDK home.

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(JAVA_HOME)
VALUE('/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/..jdk4../')  REPLACE(*YES)

See:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_73/cl/addenvvar.htm

I set these to variables to level(*JOB), but the docks suggest use
replace(*yes).

(If you work with the job, you can find cl program name/library and from
the program you can find the source of the cl program.)

If you do not have a v1.4, I guess you will have to bump the tomcat version.

Cheers Greg.