> I ran into a strange issue the other day.  Running tomcat 7.0.81. I have a
> war file with apache http client vs 4.3.3. I was having some issues with my
> code in the war and experimented with updating the http client to 4.5.3.
> The result was bizarre.
>
> Tomcat would start as normal but stop serving http requests after the first
> request.
>
> When running in the terminal,  I couldn't stop tomcat with ctrl c. I had to
> force close it with task mgr.
>
> Is this expected?

Such DoS triggered by a simple client request is a security concern,
as the load is not proportional to the size of request.
It'd be better to send specific details to security@, not a public list
http://tomcat.apache.org/security.html

1. Take a thread dump (better: 3 of them in a sequence). What is
really going on should be visible there,
https://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Troubleshooting_and_Diagnostics#Common_Troubleshooting_Scenario

2. Tomcat 7.0.82 was released a few days ago.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko