Profuse apologies.  We are unable reproduce this.  However out tests were
failing for another reason.
8.5.23 returns 400 error with header "HTTP/1.1 400" where as version 8.0.47
returns the same as "HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request".  When the tests check for the
legacy header they were failing.  As soon as we stopped checking for "Bad
Request" our tests work.      On Monday, October 16, 2017, 8:19:33 AM GMT-10,
Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

 On 16/10/17 18:48, Net Dawg wrote:
> We are finding line separator has changed on Mac OS X in tomcat 8.5.23
> response relative to all previous versions of tomcat we tested (8.0.47,
> 7.0.72 and 7.0.82).  We see nothing in change log to understand this change.
> Specifically, 8.5.23 is generating CRLF in response (showing up as ^M in
> vim), while previous versions of tomcat are just producing LF.  As a result
> all of our tests based on earlier versions of tomcat are failing.
> Is this a bug, in which case we will wait for fix (and lets tests fail due to
> known issue in tomcat) or is this how tomcat will always generate response
> going forward - in which case we will make our tests more lenient to be
> backward compatible somehow.

Context please. Line separator where exactly?

Mark