> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:28 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 04/12/17 11:12, Suvendu Sekhar Mondal wrote:
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I am investigating a Tomcat crash. Actually, JRE crashed due to
>>> "access violation" error. It created a Windows memory dump file. I am
>>> trying to analyze it win WinDbg. Problem I am facing is that lots of
>>> Symbols (of tomcat7, jvm, java, tcnative-1, nio DLLs) are not
>>> available to me. As a result WinDbg is giving me a Stack filled up
>>> with DLL names and HEX values.
>>>
>>> In order to get some of them - mostly JRE related, I have already
>>> reached out to Java forum:
>>> https://community.oracle.com/thread/4102753. No response so far :(.
>>>
>>> Can someone please tell me how can I get Symbol files of Tomcat DLLs
>>> like tomcat7 and tcnative-1? Are they publicly available?
>>
>> Exactly which versions do you need?
>
> Sorry, Mark. I should have provide that information upfront. I am using:
>
> Tomcat 7.0.55
> JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_92-b14) (build 1.8.0_92-b14)
> OS version: Windows Server 2012 R2

Is it worth debugging a version that is more than 3 years old? A lot
have been fixed since then.

tcnative-1.dll is Tomcat Native library
It can be downloaded here:
https://tomcat.apache.org/download-native.cgi

The tomcat-native-1.2.16-win32-bin.zip file has *.pdb files in it.

Tomcat 7.0.55 was shipped with Tomcat Native 1.1.31. Those binaries
can be downloaded from an archive website. I do not know whether they
contain debug symbols or not.

tomcat7.exe, tomcat7w.exe are renamed Prunsrv.exe and Prunmgr.exe from
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/procrun.html

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/download_daemon.cgi
-> Browse native binaries download area... -> windows/
There are no debug symbol files in the current version
(commons-daemon-1.1.0-bin-windows.zip).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko